Tuesday, December 11, 2007

At Peace

I love the Christmas season I really do. But there really does seem to be so much pressure. Last year as I was shopping I started to feel sick. I left the store and drove. I kept repeating to my self "Just get home, your almost there" When my arms from my elbows down got numb and my hands started to close up. I pulled into a restaurant parking lot and asked someone to dial 911 I could not open my hands up. I thought I was having a stroke. I was very scary. when I got to the hospital my potassium was extremely low but the doctors felt that I had had a panic attack. Well I am not sure if that was what happen or not but I promised myself this year would be different.
This year I am done with shopping and decorating but there are many events to plan for but I really am at peace. When I feel tension coming on I play George Winston and look at our lights and cuddle with the kids. I really feel full and at peace. I have decided that for the rest of the season I am going to focus on kindness . I am going to try to do or say something kind to everyone I meet and I will focus on how that makes me feel. I got an email the other day and It was about an experiment for a woman's class. Everyone had to smile at three people they encountered during the day and what record what happened when they did this. I don't know if the story was true or not but I thought that that was a really lovely thing to do. Smile, be kind and be at peace- What a beautiful season!

1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

I suffered from anxiety many years ago, and I thought I was going crazy! Amazing what stress can do to you.

It sounds like you are taking steps toward pece this year - that's good! It all gets done, the trick is to find joy in the doing.