Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh the Drama

We belong to a small UU church and last week was very hard. Our DRE resigned and events before and after were full of emotion- strong emotion with the best intentions of the church though still filled with turmoil. I wrote this poem which I found very healing for myself.

Twas the night before church
My mind was a screamin'
"I hope this week I had just been a dreamin' "

The church that I'd felt always had good karma
Had suddenly seemed to be a place full of drama

An inbox full of harsh emails a flying
I felt like a part of my soul was dieing

I kept thinking this was not a place I wanted to be
But then I thought , truly this is really not about me

We need to think about what the children need
For someday, they are the ones who will take the lead

So if all the adults treat each other with respect
Our issues will be resolved I suspect

If we can all try to be fair
Maybe we'll remember we have a church full of people who truly care

1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

I'm sorry to hear about the church troubles. Brings back some difficult memories, I must say. We had a minister who wreaked havoc in our lovely little UU church a few years ago, tore the entire community apart. I was the DRE at the time, and I, too, left. She was just WAY too unhealthy for me.

In the end? She resigned, then it came out that she was (is, actually) having an affair with a married board member! Adn he went with her. (She was married too, with two kids!)

The church has never quite gotten over it. Even with adults trying to be adults, too much happened.

I hope your situation ends up differently.