Thursday, October 18, 2007

Paths

I have always felt that I was on a path in life and that if I kept coming back to something , it really must be the way to go. Unschooling has been that for me. While we were still homeschooling I kept getting books on unschooling and learning and I kept thinking that it really sounded like the right way to go. The teacher in me(former special ed teacher) and the fact that I love to buy curriculum and plan held me back. Yesterday, being at a gathering with lots of unschoolers just really felt right. It was one of the most unstressful gatherings I have been to in a long time and it was so nice to see , moms loving their kids, kids playing together and working things out when there was a conflict and just plain respect and kindness. My children were so happy. I am really happy we chose this path!

1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

You have other unschoolers near you? So not fair!!